Arnold Jacobs Breathing Excercise
Only a musician or singer can understand the importance of good breath and a stable breath. So, being a tubist himself, Arnold Jacobs understood the main need of the players and he invented some exercises for good breathing.
Some of the best Arnold Jacobs breathing exercises are mentioned below:
- You need to fill your lungs to the count of 5 and raise your arms above head.
- Then drop your arms on the count of 5.
- Now, retain the air with an open throat.
- Start gradually exhaling the air.
- Do this exercise in front of the mirror 6 times in a row.
- This exercise is to be done while walking.
- You need to inhale through your nose for 5 steps, slowly and smoothly.
- And then, exhale through the nose for another 5 steps.
- After one week, try the same exercise with 3 steps.
- You can do this only after performing the first two exercises for 3 weeks.
- You need to take a breath in thirds.
- You will have to pause between every partial breath and observe how you feel.
- Then, exhale in thirds.
- Pause between every exhalation and see how you feel while doing it.
These are some of the exercises by the legend that are going to help you a lot.